A new approach
C\Prof is a new approach for gaining business and operational value from the CICS internal trace. C\Prof peeks inside CICS, but doesn’t interfere with its execution. It is not a monitor and does not require changes to CICS. Unlike traditional approaches, C\Prof makes the CICS trace inexpensive to capture and simple to interpret.
- Take a point in time snapshot of the CICS internal trace to diagnose what just happened
- Record to CICS auxiliary trace data sets without involving CICS – more control with less overhead
- Profile your CICS transactions in near-real time to gain an application perspective of the trace
Capturing the problem is a snap
With C\Prof, you no longer need to reproduce the problem—simply take a snapshot of the CICS internal trace to create an on-demand auxiliary trace data set at a fraction of the cost. Unlike the CICS auxiliary trace which captures events that may occur in the future, a C\Prof auxiliary trace data set contains a record of what happened in CICS in the recent past. This allows you to capture and analyze problems when they first occur without waiting for it to happen again.
Record, trace, load, and profile
Use record like you would the CICS auxiliary trace but with more control and less overhead. Analyze the resulting auxiliary trace data sets using C\Prof, or use your existing trace reporting tools as desired. Better still, import your auxiliary trace data sets into the C\Prof transaction profiler to reveal transaction performance metrics and dive into the trace events themselves.
Profiling: an application perspective of the trace
When collecting data continuously or in short bursts, the insights captured by C\Prof allow you to:
- Analyze the transaction, its programs and application calls at the trace-event level
- View transaction performance
- Follow the program flow (across MRO)
- Understand application calls (CICS, DB2, Java, MQ, and IMS)
- Deep dive into trace events
No matter your role, C\Prof has you covered:
- Production support personnel: conduct low impact short burst analysis
- Application developers: measure performance characteristics and debug applications
- Project leads: verify project requirements
- Analysts: identify bottlenecks and problem areas
- Testers: support your application developers with detailed trace information
Near-real time transaction detail:
- List transactions based on selection criteria
- Sift through millions of transactions with powerful find, filter, save, and sort capabilities
- Program analysis: For each program used by the transaction, see where the time is being spent
- Application calls: See elapsed times and formatted results of EXEC CICS application calls
Already own C\Prof? Let's get started...